As 2012 comes to a close, we wanted to do something big. Something to emphasize that we really do tell all kinds of stories, and that we care about people who want their stories to be preserved. So, at the end of this year (our first full year as Anecdotally Yours), we decided to run a contest to GIVE AWAY a family film.
Why do we think this is a big deal? Not only is the story of a family worth telling, but this is a unique and different way to tell it. A family film is typically a $1,000 investment. We’re gifting this to one special family, and even committing to traveling to their hometown in order to tell their story in its usual setting at no cost.
What is a family film? It’s a day in the life of your family, doing what you do. Here’s an example:
The details on how you can enter for a chance to win a free family film, starting with the fine print:
- Any family in the continental United States is eligible to enter
- We will travel to the winner’s hometown at no cost and film a family doing everyday life things
- Scheduling subject to our availability; we’ll do our best to find a date that works, and hope that the winner will do the same!
- The contest will run from Monday, December 3rd, 2012, at 12:00 a.m. CST to Friday, December 7th, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- The winner will be announced on Monday, December 10th right here on the blog!
- The winner cannot redeem for cash value, nor transfer to anyone else
Now, it’s time to enter for your chance! There are four ways to enter for chances to win. Each of these counts as an entry, so each family can enter up to four times (or, once for each method of sharing). For each way you share, you have to leave a comment ON THIS BLOG POST (in the comments section at the bottom) letting us know how (specific details below). So, if you participate all four ways, you’ll have four comments to leave, equaling four entries! We’ll be randomly choosing the winner out of the comments on this blog post only, and all comments must correspond with an entry! Don’t comment if you didn’t participate, because we’ll use the power of the internet and double-check!
“Like” the Anecdotally Yours page on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/anecdotallyyours) and then hit “share” on the first post on our business page (the post about the Anderson’s family film), and share it to your wall! Tag @Anecdotally Yours in your comment so we can see your post. Then, come back to THIS BLOG POST and leave a comment with your Facebook profile name and tell us that you posted on Facebook.
Pin the following image to your Pinterest profile, linking back to this blog post (if you have the Pinterest plug-in for your internet browser, just hit “Pin it” and choose this image). In the “describe your pin” box, type our website address: www.anecdotallyyours.com (if you can — sometimes Pinterest blocks that), the hashtag #ayfamilyfilm, and put any little note you want. Then, come back to this blog post and leave a comment with your Pinterest user name and tell us that you posted on Pinterest.
Post a photo on your Instagram profile of your family doing something you love. Use the hashtag #ayfamilyfilm — then, come back to this blog post and leave a comment with your Instagram user name and let us know that you shared and hashtagged a photo on Instagram! And, for fun, if you want to follow us on Instagram, we’re @ericamayshort and @jeff_shortKC. Only the photo sharing and hashtag count as an entry, though. : )
THE ANDERSON CREW BLOG
Visit the blog of the fun family whose film is featured above, and find the post where Emily shared the family film. Here’s the blog URL: http://andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com/ Leave a sweet comment for them on the blog post where she shared the film. Then, once again, come back to THIS blog post and leave a comment letting us know that you left a note on the Andersons’ blog!
So, to recap:
- Four ways to participate. One entry for each method.
- Entries are only counted by the comments left on this blog post (in the box below). That’s how we’ll keep track in one place, and what we’ll use for our random selection.
- We’ll announce the winner on Monday, December 10th. The winner will be announced on our blog, so check back that day! After that, we’ll give the winner all sorts of details about the process from there! : )
You can start sharing right away — and enter in the comment box below!